Are you ready for one of the biggest party nights of the year? Whether you like to stay in with friends or go out on the town, here is your list for things to do at the beach and in Charleston.
1. If youre going to stay on the island, visit Whaley’s for dinner and drinks. Dinner includes jalapeno bacon wrapped scallops, ribeye Oscar or salmon Oscar both topped with hollandaise and served with asparagus, grits and a side salad. Dessert is either pumpkin cheesecake or caramel sea salt cheesecake. The cost of dinner for one is $47.85 or $77.80 for two. Add a bottle of champagne for $12. Have fun with your family, friends, and locals as we usher in 2016. For more information, contact Whaleys at 843-869-2161. Whaleys is located at 2801 Myrtle Street.
Want to head into Charleston? Theres plenty going on in the city to help you celebrate the new year.
2. If youre interested in a night of elegance, head out to the Viennese New Years Eve Ball. This black-tie celebration is put on by the Charleston Symphony Orchestra and Gaillard Center. It features a performance by the CSO along with MaryAnn McCormick of the Metropolitan Opera. This event runs from 7:30-8:30 p.m. with dinner to follow until 10:30 p.m. Prices for the show begin at $35 and dinner prices are $115 per person. Dinner prices include an open bar, food stations, and dancing with the orchestra.
3. If youre into more of a party vibe, check out Charleston Wonderland NYE at the Memminger Auditorium located at 56 Beaufain Street. This event features a top shelf bar, Cirque Du Soleil performers, live bands, DJs, dance crews, food, champagne toasts, and a balloon drop at midnight to usher in the new year.
4. Want to have fun on the beach? Head to the Tides at Folly Beach for one of the best oceanfront venues in the entire state. The event starts at 8 p.m. and features live entertainment, fireworks, an open bar, and buffet. There are various packages to choose from that will fit any budget. Call 843-588-6464 for more information. Word to the wise: Folly Beach is almost guaranteed to be a blast, so if you do head to the Tides in Folly to celebrate the New Year with their Flip Flop Drop and be prepared to head back year after year for more fun.
For more info on Folly happenings: http://www.follybeach.com/New-Years-Eve-Folly-2016/
On New Years Day, if youre feeling up to it, head out for the New Years Day Oyster Roast at the Tides. This event features the Polar Bear Plunge, fire pits, and a buffet. There will be drink specials all day and prices for this event start at just $20.13.
5. You can also head back to the island and start the New Year off right by going for a walking in the Edisto Beach State Park. Meet at the office/wifi room at the beach location by 10 a.m. The event is free with park admission, but you will need to bring water, walking shoes, binoculars, a bag for any shells or sharks teeth, and a camera. Participants will hike out to Jeremys Inlet. The total length of the hike is three miles, so be prepared to walk that distance.
Remember to have a safe and fun New Years Eve! We look forward to spending another year with all of you.